VOLUNTARIOS EXTRANJEROS PROGRAM
Volunteer English Teaching Program in Bogota - SED
The “Voluntarios Extranjeros” program, developed by the Bogota Secretary Office of Education, is a second language volunteer teaching program that aims to improve language learning in public schools in the Colombian capital.
As a volunteer teacher you will be working with kids from 1st to 5th or 8th to 11th grade providing an intercultural environment to strengthen their communication skills in a second language.
The program works on a co-teaching model, meaning that the volunteer teacher will also support the local teacher to improve their second language proficiency (English or French)
- Monthly stipend of 1.500.000 Colombian pesos
- Colombian local insurance
- One week orientation in Bogotá
Orientation in Bogotá: July 9 - Early August, 2017
Five months placement: July to December 2017Application cost: Free
- Native English (or French) speaker or having at least a C1 English level according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Must be older than 21 years of age
- One year of experience in volunteering education or TEFL/CELTA certification
- Must hold an international health insurance for the duration of the program
- English certificate (if non native speaker)
- Scanned copy of the bachelor's degree
- Reference letter
- *Additional documents required upon acceptance into the program (eg: International Medical Insurance)
Telephone: (57) 1 3910703